Waltz, Salsa, Flamenco, Samba, Tango, and Jive gosh there are so many styles of dance that have won my heart and many of my friends worldwide. Dancing is an integral part of many cultures around the world and has been so for centuries.
Worldwide, dance forms have developed over centuries crossing regional boundaries and infusing with others. Some staying localised while others have gained admirers globally.
Ballroom and Latin Dancing encompasses dancers from across the globe
- Germany – Waltz
- Polish- Mazurka
- Cuban – Cha cha, Rumba, Mambo and Salsa
- American – Jive, Quickstep, Charleston and Slow Foxtrot
- Spanish – Paso Doble
- Argentinian – Tango
- Brazilian – Samba,
- French – Gavott and Quadrille
- Czech Republic – Schottische
- English – Saunter
- Hungarian – Galop
JLC World Dance Club
Monday 4.15 – 6.00 pm 5 -16 years all levels run in conjunction with the Children’s University and the UKA. In this session children get the chance to learn dancers from all over the world.
- Where they come from
- The culture of the people who live there.
- What language they speak etc
Ever 24 weeks the children have the chance to take awards assessed externally by the UKA
- For our littler ones we have Uni -Ted (under 9 yrs) He likes to travel ask questions and has lot of friends all over the world. Children can take Uni-Ted awards and collect his badgers
- For the 8 years and over we have Round the World Dance Awards to collect were children are assessed on dance and are asked to do a small written project on the country the dance comes from.
This Summer 2019
- Our world dance club is going out of this world
To celebrate 50 years since the moon landing and to get their Bronze certificate from Sky badger in disability awareness our World Dance Club is creating their own Luna Dance Studio plus dances that are all fully inclusive and we are learning a sign song to welcome deaf pupils to our school.
- Our world dance club are learning all about Tango, Standard Tango, Argentine Tango and Classical Sequence Tango. We are also learning were Argentina is and what the national dress is of Argentina.