- American Smooth – Waltz, Slow Foxtrot, Tango, Viennese Waltz
- American Rhythm – Cha Cha, Rumba, Samba, Bolero, Swing
Dance is not all about steps! It’s the knowledge and understanding of correct alignment, posture, joints: structure and range of movement in relation to the dancer and the body in action. It’s about the fitness components of strength, muscular endurance, cardiovascular endurance, flexibility, agility and how to develop these through training principles. It’s the technical skills specific to a particular style/genre of dance being studied. The performance skills of focus, musicality, emphasis, timing, phrasing.
It’s about how to communicate and interpret the dance idea through, projection, characterisation and focus about performing with others: awareness, sensitivity, contact, use of space, timing and safe practice and our team hope you learn all this from their classes and much more……..
Why take a private dance course?
- Firstly you get 100% of your instructors attention during the session there no one else to teach.
- You can work on what will help you not the majority of the class.
- You can progress at the speed you wish to.
- You are able to own your own learning choosing when and what you want to learn.
- You can share your lesson with your partner or have a lesson by yourself.
Meet Janet our Principal
Janet started dancing at 2 years old with Tap and Ballet and by 6 years old Ballroom and Latin American at the famous Redmond’s School of Dance Crosby, with Ms Margaret Redmond and Freestyle at Millie’s ( Millington’s Dance School) Bootle with Ms Iris Mayers, were she danced and competed till I was 18. …………………….. After a few years working as a nurse she returned to dance and studied Ballroom and Latin American at teaching level with the acclaimed Mr Eric Lashbrooke ( former world Ballroom and Latin American Champion) qualifying as a dance teacher in 1989 with the Allied Dance Association, since then she has studied Classical Sequence with Mr David Bullen, Salsa with Mr Phil Kaila ( former World Salsa Dance champion) Ballroom and Latin with Mr Keith Morris former World Cabaret Challenge Winner………………………………. In 1992 she took over Dance Steps in Southport (now know as JLC) and in 1996 she qualified as a Dance Teacher with the United Kingdom Alliance. After a number of years running Dance Steps the school was moved to Central Dance Studios in Southport and became known as JLC Dance in 2000………. Find out more
- UKA Registered instructor in American Smooth and Rhythm
- Registered Coach Swing Dance UKA 2018
- Registered Coach American Smooth & Rhythm UKA 2005
- Fellow Latin American IDTA 2009
- Fellow Ballroom IDTA 2009
- Fellow Latin American UKA 2005
- Fellow Ballroom UKA 2004
- Latin Fitness Zumba 2010
Book Janet Today
- Mobila 0794 0088 776 levels
- Email – email@example.com
- WhatsApp – Janet Lee Chapman
- Wechat – Jan – JLCDance
- Twitter – @JLC Dance
- Facebook – Janet Lee Chapman
Private sessions available
Janet is available to teach from young children to adults of all ages, and at all levels from Social through Competitive to Teacher Training.
1 hours £35 booked at a time that is suitable for you and your instructor, and studio availability
Please note All private lessons must be paid in advance if you book a private lesson then you will still be charged unless you give 24 hours notice of cancellation as instructor will still have to pay rent on premises .