Why students should take advantage of them?
You may want
- A head start to feel comfortable before you go to group class
- Learn a dance that is not currently being offered in group classes.
- Maybe you want to get ready for a wedding or other special event
- You want to compete or perform
- or just want to catch up when you missed a few classes.
Think about it!
- You have the undivided attention of the instructor
- You can learn things right the first time
- You can nip bad dance habits in the bud
- You can “feel” what it should be like when you dance with your teacher
- You can learn a dance that may not be currently offered in group classes
- You can use the lessons to get ready for a special event
- You can work at your own pace, instead of the pace of a group class
- You can work on the dances or techniques YOU want
- Your learning curve is accelerated.
What to expect – depending on style and moves you are doing
- A warm up – Dance is a form of exercise to therefore we will start your lesson with a 5-10 minute warm up
- Both solo and partner work
- Technical explanation
- Cool down – It is important to cool down by stretching for 5-10 minutes at the end of your session
Our coaches Janet Lee Chapman and Emma Gill are very experienced in teaching all levels from beginners to competition and are available at our Blackpool based studio.
Ballroom & Latin Classes
A class for every level
Vintage 40/50’s Night
something for everyone
£5 per class £8 for the evening
learn to waltz, Swing, Lindy hop, Social Foxtrot, Square Tango, Stroll, cha cha and more…..
Ballroom, Latin & Sequence Tea Dance
something for every one
Teacher Training Academy @ JLC
Theory and Practical Private lessons for those who want to become dance teachers (must book) £35 per hour